OK — been on this thing for about a few months now and it’s stuck on my phone, so figured I’d chuck my thoughts in since a lad on another thread asked me a few days back. I’m UK based, generally bet football and racing, nothing mad, so take it how you like.
What got me on it was honestly pretty stupid — I never could work out what an e/w payout actually came to once you get five places instead of three. I’d just eyeball it and get a shock. Now I punch the numbers in first, every time, even a simple single bet.
Their single bet calculator is the part I open most — you drop in stake and odds and it shows profit and total return with no faffing, fractional or decimal, doesn’t matter. Same tool covers the fiddly ones — acca and treble maths, a lucky 15, yankees, and that’s where most people I know mess it up. Have a go yourself, it’s over at [url=https://singlebettingcalculator.uk/bet-calculator/odds-converter]bet odds converter[/url] and there’s no login wall, which I appreciated.
What genuinely made a difference is the nerdier tools. There’s an probability converter and it makes obvious how much the bookie’s taking, and a kelly tool — I stick to fractional kelly since full stakes are a quick route to a dead bankroll. The dutch tool gets used a fair bit for when I’m splitting a race.
Couple of gripes. Its design is a bit basic — no frills, which honestly I don’t mind but some will. On my phone it’s usable although the acca grid are a squeeze. And no app, it’s a website and that’s it — slight shame just flagging it.
Anyway. Costs nowt, not plastered in adverts, does the job. If you honestly does the maths on paper, have a look — it’s saved me a fair few « wait, that’s it? » moments.
So — have been messing about with this thing for maybe four months now and it’s basically bookmarked at this point, so figured I’d say something since a mate asked me last week. I’m UK based, generally do football and horses, a fiver here and there, so take it how you like.
How I found it was honestly embarrassing — I couldn’t ever figure out what an e/w return actually was when the place terms changed. I used to just eyeball it and get a shock. Now punch the numbers in before every slip, even a straight one-selection punt.
The single bet calculator tool is the bit I use most — you put in stake and odds and it shows profit and total return with no faffing, fractional or decimal, doesn’t matter. Same tool covers the bigger stuff — acca and treble returns, a lucky 15, yankees, honestly that’s where I’d always got it wrong. If you want a look, it lives at [url=https://singlebettingcalculator.uk/bet-calculator/betting-margin]bookmaker margin calculator[/url] and there’s no login wall, which I appreciated.
The thing that genuinely changed how I bet was the nerdier tools. There’s an implied probability calculator which shows you how much the bookie’s taking, and there’s the kelly criterion tool — I run quarter kelly since full stakes are far too aggressive. The dutch tool gets used a fair bit if I’m spreading across selections.
Not all sunshine though. The interface looks very functional, let’s say — no polish, it’s clearly function over form. Phone-wise it’s fine though the lucky 63 breakdown need a bit of scrolling. Also there’s no app, just the site — fine by me but worth saying.
So yeah. Costs nowt, barely any ads, works. Anyone who still does the maths on paper, try it — saved me a load of « wait, that’s it? » moments.
So — been on this thing for maybe a few months now and it’s basically bookmarked at this point, so thought I’d write something up since a lad on another thread asked me last week. I’m UK based, mainly do football and horses, nothing mad, so take it how you like.
The reason I started using it was actually a bit daft — I could never work out what an e/w return would be with 1/5 odds a place. I’d just guess and get a shock. These days I stick my stake in first, every time, even the boring singles.
Their single bet calculator is the part I’m on daily — you put in the price and your stake and it spits out profit and total return straight away, fractions or decimals. It also handles the fiddly ones — doubles and trebles returns, a lucky 15, patents and yankees, which is where most people I know mess it up. If you want a look, it’s over at [url=https://singlebettingcalculator.uk/bet-calculator/lucky-15]how many bets in a lucky 15[/url] and there’s no login wall, which I appreciated.
What really shifted things for me was the more serious tools. The probability converter that shows how much the bookie’s taking, plus a kelly staking tool — I stick to fractional kelly as the full version is far too aggressive. The dutching one is decent when I’m covering two or three runners.
It’s not perfect mind. The interface looks a bit basic — not much frills, looks like it was built by someone who cares more about maths than colours. On my phone it works though the bigger tables are a squeeze. There’s nothing on the app store, it’s browser only — fine by me but you asked.
Right, that’s me. Doesn’t cost anything, not plastered in adverts, does what it says. If anyone honestly does the maths on paper, have a look — saved me a fair few arguments with the bookie.
| Cookie | Durée | Description |
|---|---|---|
| cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". |
| cookielawinfo-checbox-functional | 11 months | The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". |
| cookielawinfo-checbox-others | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. |
| cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". |
| cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". |
| viewed_cookie_policy | 11 months | The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. It does not store any personal data. |