OK — been using this thing for about a few months now and I keep coming back, so thought I’d say something since a mate asked me a few days back. I’m in the UK, generally do football and horses, small stakes, for context.
How I found it was genuinely a bit daft — I could never get my head round what an each way payout actually came to when the place terms changed. I used to just wing it and moan when the payout landed. Now punch the numbers in before I place anything, even a simple single bet.
The single bet calculator tool is the one I open most — type in the price and your stake and it spits out the return straight away, fractional or decimal, doesn’t matter. There’s also the multiples — doubles and trebles returns, a lucky 15, yankees, which is where I’d always mess it up. Have a go yourself, it’s here [url=https://free-bet-calc.uk/bet-calculator/each-way]each way treble calculator[/url] and there’s no login wall, which I appreciated.
What really shifted things for me is the nerdier bits. The probability thing which shows you the overround, and a kelly staking tool — I use half kelly because full kelly is terrifying. The dutching one is decent if I’m covering two or three runners.
It’s not perfect mind. Its layout is very functional, let’s say — no frills, it’s clearly function over form. On my phone it’s fine although the bigger tables are a squeeze. Also there’s no proper app, it’s browser only — slight shame just flagging it.
So yeah. Costs nowt, not plastered in adverts, does what it says. If you still does the maths on paper, give it a go — saved me a load of dumb bets I’d have regretted.
So — have been messing about with this thing for something like five months now and I keep coming back, so figured I’d chuck my thoughts in since a lad on another thread asked me the other day. I’m in the UK, generally bet football and racing, nothing mad, so take it how you like.
What got me on it was genuinely embarrassing — I couldn’t ever get my head round what an each way payout would be once you get five places instead of three. I’d just guess and get a shock. These days I punch the numbers in before every slip, even the boring singles.
Their single bet calculator tool is the bit I use most — you drop in stake and odds and you get profit and total return straight away, either odds format. It also handles the bigger stuff — acca and treble returns, lucky 15s, a yankee, which is where I always lose track. If you want a look, it’s here [url=https://free-bet-calc.uk/bet-calculator/each-way]each way bet calculator double[/url] and it’s free with no account nonsense.
The thing that actually changed how I bet were the geekier bits. There’s an odds-to-probability thing and it makes obvious what margin’s baked in, plus a kelly tool — I stick to fractional kelly because full kelly is terrifying. The dutch tool gets used a fair bit when I’m spreading across selections.
Not all sunshine though. The design is pretty plain — zero polish, which honestly I don’t mind but some will. On my phone it’s fine but the acca grid make you pinch and zoom. There’s no proper app, just the site — fine by me but worth saying.
So yeah. Costs nowt, not plastered in adverts, does what it says. If you honestly does the maths on paper, have a look — it’s saved me a fair few « wait, that’s it? » moments.
Right — been on this thing for something like five months now and it’s basically bookmarked at this point, reckon I’d say something since someone asked me the other day. I’m in the UK, generally do football and horses, nothing mad, for context.
How I found it was honestly pretty stupid — I couldn’t ever figure out what an each way payout actually came to when the place terms changed. I’d just wing it and then be surprised. These days I stick my stake in before every slip, even a straight one-selection punt.
Their single bet calculator tool is the part I use most — you drop in stake and odds and it shows profit and total return straight away, fractional or decimal, doesn’t matter. It also handles the multiples — trebles maths, lucky 15 and lucky 63, yankees, honestly that’s where most people I know lose track. Have a go yourself, it lives at [url=https://free-bet-calc.uk/bet-calculator/lucky-63]lucky 63 bet calculator[/url] and it’s free with no account nonsense.
One thing that genuinely shifted things for me was the geekier extras. There’s an implied probability thing that shows the overround, and there’s the kelly calculator — I stick to fractional kelly as the full version is a quick route to a dead bankroll. The dutch tool gets used a fair bit if I’m spreading across selections.
Couple of gripes. Its design looks a bit basic — no polish, looks like it was built by someone who cares more about maths than colours. Phone-wise it’s usable although the acca grid make you pinch and zoom. And nothing on the app store, just the site — fine by me but you asked.
Anyway. Doesn’t cost anything, barely any ads, does what it says. Anyone who even now adds it up in their head, try it — it’s saved me a fair few arguments with the bookie.
| Cookie | Durée | Description |
|---|---|---|
| cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". |
| cookielawinfo-checbox-functional | 11 months | The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". |
| cookielawinfo-checbox-others | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. |
| cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". |
| cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". |
| viewed_cookie_policy | 11 months | The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. It does not store any personal data. |