Right — been using this thing for maybe six months now and it’s stuck on my phone, so figured I’d chuck my thoughts in since a mate asked me the other day. Am in the UK, generally stick to footie and the horses, nothing mad, for context.
The reason I started using it was honestly a bit daft — I couldn’t ever get my head round what an each way return would be once you get five places instead of three. I’d just eyeball it and then be surprised. These days I type the odds in first, every time, even the boring singles.
The single bet calculator is the one I open most — type in your stake, the odds and it shows returns straight away, either odds format. It also handles the fiddly ones — trebles maths, lucky 15 and lucky 63, yankees, and that’s where I always lose track. Have a go yourself, it’s here [url=https://freebet-calculator.com/bet-calculator/kelly-criterion]kelly calculator betting[/url] — free, no signup.
The thing that actually shifted things for me was the nerdier tools. There’s an odds-to-probability calculator that shows the overround, and a kelly staking tool — I run quarter kelly because full kelly is far too aggressive. Dutching calculator is handy too if I’m spreading across selections.
Couple of gripes. The design feels very functional, let’s say — not much flash, it’s clearly function over form. On my phone it’s usable though the acca grid are a squeeze. And no proper app, it’s a website and that’s it — fine by me but worth saying.
Right, that’s me. Costs nowt, not plastered in adverts, works. If anyone even now does the maths on paper, give it a go — saved me a fair few arguments with the bookie.
So — been using this thing for about six months now and it’s stuck on my phone, so figured I’d write something up since someone asked me a few days back. I’m in the UK, mostly bet football and racing, a fiver here and there, just so you know where I’m coming from.
What got me on it was actually embarrassing — I could never figure out what an each way payout actually came to with 1/5 odds a place. I’d just guess and get a shock. These days I punch the numbers in before I place anything, even a simple single bet.
The single bet calculator is the part I open most — you put in the price and your stake and it spits out the return straight away, either odds format. There’s also the bigger stuff — doubles and trebles returns, lucky 15 and lucky 63, a yankee, honestly that’s where most people I know got it wrong. If you fancy a poke about, it’s here [url=https://freebet-calculator.com/bet-calculator/implied-probability]odds to implied probability[/url] — free, no signup.
One thing that genuinely made a difference was the nerdier bits. There’s an odds-to-probability converter that shows what margin’s baked in, plus a kelly calculator — I use half kelly as the full version is terrifying. The dutch tool is handy too if I’m splitting a race.
It’s not perfect mind. The design is a bit basic — not much polish, it’s clearly function over form. On mobile it works though the lucky 63 breakdown need a bit of scrolling. There’s nothing on the app store, it’s a website and that’s it — doesn’t bother me just flagging it.
Right, that’s me. Doesn’t cost anything, barely any ads, does the job. If you even now adds it up in their head, have a look — saved me a load of « wait, that’s it? » moments.
OK — have been messing about with this thing for maybe five months now and it’s stuck on my phone, so figured I’d write something up since a mate asked me a few days back. I’m UK based, mainly do football and horses, nothing mad, just so you know where I’m coming from.
How I found it was honestly pretty stupid — I couldn’t ever work out what an e/w payout actually came to with 1/5 odds a place. I used to just wing it and get a shock. These days I stick my stake in before every slip, even a straight one-selection punt.
Their single bet calculator tool is the part I use most — you drop in your stake, the odds and it spits out the return straight away, either odds format. Same tool covers the fiddly ones — doubles and trebles maths, lucky 15s, a yankee, which is where most people I know got it wrong. If you want a look, it’s here [url=https://freebet-calculator.com/bet-calculator/super-heinz]what is a super heinz bet[/url] and there’s no login wall, which I appreciated.
What actually made a difference were the more serious bits. They’ve got an probability converter and it makes obvious how much the bookie’s taking, and there’s the kelly calculator — I run quarter kelly since full stakes are a quick route to a dead bankroll. Dutching calculator is handy too if I’m spreading across selections.
Couple of gripes. The layout feels very functional, let’s say — not much flash, looks like it was built by someone who cares more about maths than colours. On my phone it’s usable though the acca grid need a bit of scrolling. Also there’s no app, it’s a website and that’s it — fine by me just flagging it.
Anyway. Doesn’t cost anything, barely any ads, works. If you even now adds it up in their head, give it a go — it’s saved me a fair few arguments with the bookie.
So — been using this thing for something like four months now and I keep coming back, so figured I’d say something since someone asked me last week. Am UK based, generally bet football and racing, nothing mad, so take it how you like.
How I found it was genuinely a bit daft — I couldn’t ever get my head round what an ew return actually came to with 1/5 odds a place. Basically I’d wing it and moan when the payout landed. Now I type the odds in before I place anything, even a simple single bet.
The single bet calculator tool is the bit I’m on daily — you put in the price and your stake and you get returns with no faffing, fractions or decimals. There’s also the fiddly ones — doubles and trebles returns, lucky 15 and lucky 63, patents and yankees, honestly that’s where I always got it wrong. If you want a look, it’s over at [url=https://freebet-calculator.com/bet-calculator/lucky-15]how to work out a lucky 15[/url] and it’s free with no account nonsense.
The thing that genuinely changed how I bet is the more serious extras. There’s an probability thing which shows you the overround, plus a kelly criterion calculator — I stick to fractional kelly as the full version is far too aggressive. The dutch tool is decent for when I’m spreading across selections.
Not all sunshine though. Its interface feels very functional, let’s say — no frills, which honestly I don’t mind but some will. Phone-wise it’s usable although the bigger tables need a bit of scrolling. Also there’s no app, it’s a website and that’s it — slight shame but you asked.
Anyway. Costs nowt, no ads shoved in your face, does the job. If anyone honestly does the maths on paper, try it — saved me a load of arguments with the bookie.
So — been on this thing for something like six months now and I keep coming back, reckon I’d chuck my thoughts in since someone asked me last week. Am in the UK, mostly bet football and racing, small stakes, for context.
The reason I started using it was actually pretty stupid — I couldn’t ever work out what an each way payout actually was once you get five places instead of three. Basically I’d guess and then be surprised. Now I type the odds in before I place anything, even the boring singles.
The single bet calculator is the bit I use most — you drop in the price and your stake and it spits out returns instantly, either odds format. It also handles the fiddly ones — doubles and trebles maths, lucky 15 and lucky 63, a yankee, and that’s where most people I know lose track. If you fancy a poke about, it’s over at [url=https://freebet-calculator.com/bet-calculator/super-heinz]heinz calculator[/url] and it’s free with no account nonsense.
What actually made a difference were the nerdier tools. They’ve got an odds-to-probability converter which shows you how much the bookie’s taking, plus a kelly calculator — I run quarter kelly because full kelly is terrifying. The dutching one gets used a fair bit if I’m covering two or three runners.
Not all sunshine though. The design feels pretty plain — zero flash, it’s clearly function over form. On mobile it works though the acca grid make you pinch and zoom. Also there’s no app, it’s a website and that’s it — slight shame just flagging it.
So yeah. Doesn’t cost anything, barely any ads, works. Anyone who still adds it up in their head, have a look — saves me a fair few arguments with the bookie.
| Cookie | Durée | Description |
|---|---|---|
| cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". |
| cookielawinfo-checbox-functional | 11 months | The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". |
| cookielawinfo-checbox-others | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. |
| cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". |
| cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". |
| viewed_cookie_policy | 11 months | The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. It does not store any personal data. |