So — been on this thing for maybe six months now and I keep coming back, so thought I’d write something up since a mate asked me the other day. Am UK based, mainly bet football and racing, small stakes, for context.
The reason I started using it was genuinely pretty stupid — I could never work out what an each way payout actually was when the place terms changed. I’d just wing it and moan when the payout landed. These days I punch the numbers in before I place anything, even a simple single bet.
Their single bet calculator tool is the one I’m on daily — you put in stake and odds and it spits out the return with no faffing, fractions or decimals. There’s also the multiples — doubles and trebles returns, lucky 15 and lucky 63, yankees, honestly that’s where I’d always got it wrong. Have a go yourself, it’s here [url=https://free-bet-calc.uk/bet-calculator/implied-probability]betting probability[/url] and there’s no login wall, which I appreciated.
The thing that really made a difference is the more serious extras. They’ve got an probability calculator that shows the overround, and there’s the kelly tool — I run quarter kelly as the full version is a quick route to a dead bankroll. Dutching calculator is handy too when I’m covering two or three runners.
Couple of gripes. The interface feels a bit basic — no polish, which honestly I don’t mind but some will. On mobile it’s usable though the bigger tables make you pinch and zoom. Also there’s nothing on the app store, just the site — slight shame but you asked.
Anyway. Costs nowt, barely any ads, does what it says. If anyone honestly adds it up in their head, give it a go — saves me a load of dumb bets I’d have regretted.
OK — been using this thing for maybe six months now and I keep coming back, reckon I’d say something since a mate asked me last week. I’m in the UK, generally bet football and racing, a fiver here and there, just so you know where I’m coming from.
The reason I started using it was honestly a bit daft — I could never figure out what an each way payout would be when the place terms changed. I used to just eyeball it and then be surprised. Now stick my stake in before every slip, even the boring singles.
The single bet calculator is the bit I use most — type in the price and your stake and you get profit and total return instantly, either odds format. It also handles the multiples — acca and treble maths, lucky 15 and lucky 63, yankees, and that’s where I’d always lose track. If you fancy a poke about, it’s over at [url=https://free-bet-calc.uk/bet-calculator/accumulator]profit accumulator calculator[/url] and there’s no login wall, which I appreciated.
What actually made a difference were the geekier tools. There’s an probability thing which shows you what margin’s baked in, and a kelly calculator — I use half kelly as the full version is terrifying. The dutching one is decent when I’m spreading across selections.
Couple of gripes. Its interface feels very functional, let’s say — zero frills, which honestly I don’t mind but some will. Phone-wise it works although the acca grid make you pinch and zoom. There’s no app, it’s browser only — doesn’t bother me but worth saying.
Right, that’s me. Costs nowt, barely any ads, does what it says. If you even now works out returns on a calculator app, try it — it’s saved me a load of « wait, that’s it? » moments.
OK — have been messing about with this thing for about five months now and it’s stuck on my phone, reckon I’d write something up since a mate asked me a few days back. Am based in the UK, mainly bet football and racing, small stakes, so take it how you like.
The reason I started using it was actually a bit daft — I couldn’t ever get my head round what an each way return actually came to with 1/5 odds a place. Basically I’d guess and get a shock. These days I stick my stake in first, every time, even the boring singles.
The single bet calculator is the one I’m on daily — you drop in your stake, the odds and it spits out profit and total return with no faffing, fractional or decimal, doesn’t matter. There’s also the multiples — trebles maths, lucky 15 and lucky 63, patents and yankees, and that’s where most people I know lose track. If you want a look, it lives at [url=https://free-bet-calc.uk/bet-calculator/matched-betting]smarkets[/url] and there’s no login wall, which I appreciated.
The thing that genuinely made a difference was the more serious extras. There’s an probability thing and it makes obvious the overround, plus a kelly criterion calculator — I stick to fractional kelly since full stakes are terrifying. Dutching calculator is decent if I’m spreading across selections.
Couple of gripes. Its design is a bit basic — zero flash, which honestly I don’t mind but some will. Phone-wise it works but the acca grid are a squeeze. Also there’s no proper app, it’s a website and that’s it — slight shame but worth saying.
Anyway. Doesn’t cost anything, barely any ads, does what it says. Anyone who still does the maths on paper, have a look — saved me a fair few « wait, that’s it? » moments.
| Cookie | Durée | Description |
|---|---|---|
| cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". |
| cookielawinfo-checbox-functional | 11 months | The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". |
| cookielawinfo-checbox-others | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. |
| cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". |
| cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". |
| viewed_cookie_policy | 11 months | The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. It does not store any personal data. |