OK — have been messing about with this thing for maybe six months now and it’s basically bookmarked at this point, so figured I’d write something up since a lad on another thread asked me the other day. I’m based in the UK, mainly bet football and racing, small stakes, for context.
How I found it was genuinely a bit daft — I never could get my head round what an ew payout actually came to once you get five places instead of three. I used to just wing it and moan when the payout landed. These days I type the odds in before I place anything, even a straight one-selection punt.
The single bet calculator is the one I open most — you drop in the price and your stake and it shows the return instantly, fractional or decimal, doesn’t matter. Same tool covers the fiddly ones — doubles and trebles maths, lucky 15 and lucky 63, yankees, and that’s where I’d always mess it up. Have a go yourself, it lives at [url=https://free-bet-calc.uk/bet-calculator/no-vig]no vig odds calculator[/url] — free, no signup.
One thing that actually changed how I bet was the more serious bits. They’ve got an implied probability converter and it makes obvious how much the bookie’s taking, and there’s the kelly staking calculator — I stick to fractional kelly because full kelly is a quick route to a dead bankroll. The dutch tool gets used a fair bit when I’m splitting a race.
It’s not perfect mind. The design feels a bit basic — no polish, which honestly I don’t mind but some will. Phone-wise it’s fine though the lucky 63 breakdown need a bit of scrolling. There’s no proper app, it’s browser only — slight shame but worth saying.
Right, that’s me. Costs nowt, no ads shoved in your face, does what it says. If anyone still does the maths on paper, give it a go — saves me a load of dumb bets I’d have regretted.
So — have been messing about with this thing for something like a few months now and it’s basically bookmarked at this point, reckon I’d write something up since a lad on another thread asked me last week. Am in the UK, mostly stick to footie and the horses, a fiver here and there, so take it how you like.
What got me on it was actually embarrassing — I could never get my head round what an ew return actually was with 1/5 odds a place. I used to just guess and moan when the payout landed. Now I type the odds in first, every time, even a straight one-selection punt.
Their single bet calculator tool is the one I use most — type in stake and odds and it spits out the return with no faffing, fractional or decimal, doesn’t matter. It also handles the fiddly ones — acca and treble returns, lucky 15 and lucky 63, a yankee, and that’s where most people I know mess it up. If you fancy a poke about, it’s here [url=https://free-bet-calc.uk]single calculator bet[/url] and there’s no login wall, which I appreciated.
The thing that really made a difference is the geekier tools. The odds-to-probability calculator and it makes obvious the overround, plus a kelly criterion tool — I use half kelly as the full version is terrifying. The dutching one is decent if I’m splitting a race.
Couple of gripes. The layout is very functional, let’s say — no frills, looks like it was built by someone who cares more about maths than colours. Phone-wise it’s usable although the acca grid are a squeeze. And no app, just the site — slight shame just flagging it.
So yeah. Doesn’t cost anything, barely any ads, works. If anyone honestly adds it up in their head, give it a go — it’s saved me a load of « wait, that’s it? » moments.
So — been using this thing for maybe a few months now and I keep coming back, reckon I’d say something since a mate asked me the other day. Am based in the UK, mostly do football and horses, nothing mad, for context.
The reason I started using it was actually a bit daft — I never could work out what an ew payout actually was with 1/5 odds a place. Basically I’d guess and then be surprised. Now punch the numbers in first, every time, even the boring singles.
Their single bet calculator tool is the part I open most — you put in stake and odds and it shows the return with no faffing, fractions or decimals. There’s also the multiples — acca and treble returns, a lucky 15, patents and yankees, which is where I always mess it up. If you want a look, it’s here [url=https://free-bet-calc.uk/bet-calculator/dutch]lay dutching calculator[/url] and there’s no login wall, which I appreciated.
One thing that genuinely made a difference was the geekier extras. There’s an probability converter that shows the overround, plus a kelly tool — I run quarter kelly because full kelly is terrifying. The dutch tool is handy too when I’m splitting a race.
Couple of gripes. The design feels very functional, let’s say — no flash, looks like it was built by someone who cares more about maths than colours. Phone-wise it’s fine but the lucky 63 breakdown need a bit of scrolling. And nothing on the app store, it’s a website and that’s it — fine by me but worth saying.
Anyway. Free, not plastered in adverts, does what it says. If anyone still works out returns on a calculator app, try it — saves me a load of arguments with the bookie.
| Cookie | Durée | Description |
|---|---|---|
| cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". |
| cookielawinfo-checbox-functional | 11 months | The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". |
| cookielawinfo-checbox-others | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. |
| cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". |
| cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". |
| viewed_cookie_policy | 11 months | The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. It does not store any personal data. |