So — have been messing about with this thing for maybe a few months now and I keep coming back, so thought I’d chuck my thoughts in since a mate asked me last week. Am based in the UK, generally bet football and racing, small stakes, so take it how you like.
The reason I started using it was actually embarrassing — I couldn’t ever get my head round what an e/w payout would be when the place terms changed. I used to just eyeball it and moan when the payout landed. These days I stick my stake in before I place anything, even a simple single bet.
The single bet calculator is the one I open most — you drop in stake and odds and it spits out returns instantly, fractions or decimals. Same tool covers the fiddly ones — doubles and trebles returns, a lucky 15, a yankee, and that’s where most people I know mess it up. Have a go yourself, it lives at [url=https://singlebettingcalculator.uk/bet-calculator/no-vig]vig calculator decimal[/url] and there’s no login wall, which I appreciated.
What actually made a difference were the more serious bits. The odds-to-probability converter that shows what margin’s baked in, and a kelly staking tool — I use half kelly since full stakes are terrifying. The dutch tool is handy too if I’m covering two or three runners.
Couple of gripes. Its interface looks very functional, let’s say — zero flash, it’s clearly function over form. On my phone it’s fine although the acca grid need a bit of scrolling. And no proper app, it’s browser only — slight shame just flagging it.
Right, that’s me. Free, no ads shoved in your face, works. Anyone who honestly adds it up in their head, have a look — it’s saved me plenty of dumb bets I’d have regretted.
OK — have been messing about with this thing for maybe six months now and it’s basically bookmarked at this point, so thought I’d chuck my thoughts in since a lad on another thread asked me the other day. I’m UK based, mostly stick to footie and the horses, small stakes, just so you know where I’m coming from.
The reason I started using it was actually pretty stupid — I never could figure out what an each way return would be once you get five places instead of three. I’d just wing it and get a shock. Now I punch the numbers in before every slip, even the boring singles.
Their single bet calculator tool is the one I use most — you put in stake and odds and it spits out profit and total return with no faffing, fractional or decimal, doesn’t matter. Same tool covers the multiples — acca and treble maths, a lucky 15, yankees, honestly that’s where I’d always mess it up. If you fancy a poke about, it lives at [url=https://singlebettingcalculator.uk/bet-calculator/matched-betting]matched betting calculator formula[/url] and there’s no login wall, which I appreciated.
One thing that really made a difference is the geekier bits. The implied probability converter that shows what margin’s baked in, and there’s the kelly criterion tool — I use half kelly because full kelly is far too aggressive. The dutch tool is decent if I’m covering two or three runners.
It’s not perfect mind. The interface is a bit basic — not much flash, looks like it was built by someone who cares more about maths than colours. Phone-wise it works although the bigger tables make you pinch and zoom. There’s no app, it’s a website and that’s it — fine by me but you asked.
Anyway. Costs nowt, not plastered in adverts, does what it says. If anyone still does the maths on paper, have a look — it’s saved me a load of dumb bets I’d have regretted.
OK — been on this thing for about a few months now and I keep coming back, so thought I’d write something up since someone asked me a few days back. Am UK based, generally bet football and racing, nothing mad, just so you know where I’m coming from.
How I found it was honestly pretty stupid — I could never get my head round what an each way payout would be when the place terms changed. I used to just wing it and moan when the payout landed. These days I type the odds in before I place anything, even a straight one-selection punt.
Their single bet calculator tool is the bit I’m on daily — type in stake and odds and it spits out profit and total return straight away, fractional or decimal, doesn’t matter. It also handles the fiddly ones — acca and treble returns, a lucky 15, yankees, honestly that’s where I always got it wrong. Have a go yourself, it’s over at [url=https://singlebettingcalculator.uk/bet-calculator/accumulator]betting accumulator calculator[/url] and it’s free with no account nonsense.
One thing that actually made a difference were the geekier bits. They’ve got an probability calculator that shows how much the bookie’s taking, and a kelly staking tool — I use half kelly as the full version is terrifying. The dutch tool gets used a fair bit for when I’m covering two or three runners.
Couple of gripes. Its design feels very functional, let’s say — no frills, which honestly I don’t mind but some will. Phone-wise it’s fine but the acca grid are a squeeze. And no proper app, it’s a website and that’s it — doesn’t bother me but you asked.
Right, that’s me. Costs nowt, no ads shoved in your face, does what it says. If you even now adds it up in their head, have a look — it’s saved me plenty of dumb bets I’d have regretted.
| Cookie | Durée | Description |
|---|---|---|
| cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". |
| cookielawinfo-checbox-functional | 11 months | The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". |
| cookielawinfo-checbox-others | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. |
| cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". |
| cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". |
| viewed_cookie_policy | 11 months | The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. It does not store any personal data. |