So — been using this thing for maybe six months now and I keep coming back, so figured I’d chuck my thoughts in since a lad on another thread asked me a few days back. I’m UK based, mostly stick to footie and the horses, a fiver here and there, just so you know where I’m coming from.
The reason I started using it was actually embarrassing — I could never get my head round what an ew payout would be with 1/5 odds a place. I used to just eyeball it and moan when the payout landed. These days I type the odds in before every slip, even a simple single bet.
Their single bet calculator is the part I open most — you put in your stake, the odds and it spits out the return with no faffing, fractions or decimals. It also handles the fiddly ones — acca and treble returns, lucky 15s, yankees, and that’s where most people I know mess it up. Have a go yourself, it lives at [url=https://singlebettingcalculator.uk/bet-calculator/super-heinz]heinz calculator[/url] and it’s free with no account nonsense.
One thing that actually made a difference were the nerdier extras. There’s an implied probability thing and it makes obvious the overround, and there’s the kelly criterion tool — I use half kelly because full kelly is far too aggressive. Dutching calculator gets used a fair bit when I’m splitting a race.
Couple of gripes. Its design feels very functional, let’s say — zero polish, looks like it was built by someone who cares more about maths than colours. Phone-wise it’s fine though the bigger tables are a squeeze. There’s nothing on the app store, just the site — doesn’t bother me just flagging it.
Right, that’s me. Costs nowt, barely any ads, does what it says. If you honestly adds it up in their head, try it — saves me a load of « wait, that’s it? » moments.
OK — been on this thing for maybe six months now and I keep coming back, so thought I’d chuck my thoughts in since a lad on another thread asked me the other day. I’m UK based, generally stick to footie and the horses, a fiver here and there, just so you know where I’m coming from.
What got me on it was genuinely a bit daft — I couldn’t ever work out what an each way return would be with 1/5 odds a place. Basically I’d guess and get a shock. Now I stick my stake in before every slip, even a straight one-selection punt.
The single bet calculator tool is the one I use most — you drop in stake and odds and it spits out profit and total return instantly, fractions or decimals. There’s also the bigger stuff — acca and treble returns, a lucky 15, yankees, honestly that’s where I’d always got it wrong. If you fancy a poke about, it lives at [url=https://singlebettingcalculator.uk/bet-calculator/lucky-63]free bet calculator lucky 63[/url] and it’s free with no account nonsense.
One thing that genuinely shifted things for me is the geekier extras. They’ve got an probability thing that shows how much the bookie’s taking, and a kelly criterion calculator — I use half kelly as the full version is terrifying. Dutching calculator is decent if I’m covering two or three runners.
It’s not perfect mind. The layout feels pretty plain — not much polish, which honestly I don’t mind but some will. On mobile it’s usable although the lucky 63 breakdown need a bit of scrolling. Also there’s no app, it’s browser only — slight shame just flagging it.
Anyway. Costs nowt, barely any ads, does what it says. If you still works out returns on a calculator app, give it a go — saves me plenty of arguments with the bookie.
So — been using this thing for maybe four months now and it’s basically bookmarked at this point, so figured I’d write something up since a mate asked me a few days back. I’m in the UK, mostly bet football and racing, a fiver here and there, so take it how you like.
The reason I started using it was honestly a bit daft — I could never figure out what an each way payout actually was once you get five places instead of three. Basically I’d guess and moan when the payout landed. These days I type the odds in before I place anything, even the boring singles.
The single bet calculator is the part I open most — you drop in your stake, the odds and you get the return with no faffing, fractional or decimal, doesn’t matter. Same tool covers the multiples — doubles and trebles maths, lucky 15 and lucky 63, patents and yankees, honestly that’s where I’d always got it wrong. If you fancy a poke about, it’s here [url=https://singlebettingcalculator.uk/bet-calculator/dutch]calculator dutching[/url] and it’s free with no account nonsense.
One thing that really changed how I bet was the geekier extras. The implied probability converter and it makes obvious how much the bookie’s taking, and a kelly calculator — I stick to fractional kelly since full stakes are far too aggressive. The dutch tool is decent when I’m splitting a race.
It’s not perfect mind. Its interface looks pretty plain — no frills, looks like it was built by someone who cares more about maths than colours. On my phone it’s usable though the lucky 63 breakdown need a bit of scrolling. And nothing on the app store, it’s browser only — slight shame but worth saying.
Anyway. Free, barely any ads, works. If you even now works out returns on a calculator app, give it a go — it’s saved me a load of « wait, that’s it? » moments.
| Cookie | Durée | Description |
|---|---|---|
| cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". |
| cookielawinfo-checbox-functional | 11 months | The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". |
| cookielawinfo-checbox-others | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. |
| cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". |
| cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance | 11 months | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". |
| viewed_cookie_policy | 11 months | The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. It does not store any personal data. |